About the job
The Manufacturing Engineer responsibilities include the management of process/configuration control, work instructions, and line set/ups for Avionic Instruments production department.
- Lead role as a Manufacturing support for Commercial Business Unit.
- Support Legacy and new business development by identifying production approaches.
- Write, Review and Develop detailed Documentation and New Production Processes for the Manufacturing floor. This includes Work Instruction, Procedures, Production Aids, etc.
- Partner with the engineering team to find sustainable solutions for Complex Units and Systems, both for Legacy and New products.
- Lead the transition from Design and Qualification Units to First Production runs on the Manufacturing floor. Providing feedback and guidelines from a Manufacturing perspective.
- Partner with Quality team to complete First Article Inspection cycle, following the guidelines from the Aerospace Industry (AS9100)
- Lead the efforts to define the requirements and procure all sort of custom fixtures required for the improvement of the Manufacturing Assembly process.
- Support in the day-to-day efforts of the Planning and Testing team, helping to resolve schedule and technical roadblocks.
- Ensure compliance with the Industry and Customer specific standards.
- Work with multiple department teams to converge in a satisfactory approach of any complication.
- Attend daily production meetings and communicate issues to production manager.
- Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing fundamentals.
- Experience New Process Introduction efforts, for equipment or process.
- Experience in a Regulated Industry.
- Experience learning and owing projects.
- Experience with Solid works