We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer, Pressure Vessel to join our team. This role will report to our Director, Equipment Systems Engineering to perform machinery equipment selection, estimating, and design work.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in pressure vessel equipment design roles in a petrochemical manufacturing or chemical related facility.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The range for this role is $120,000-$150,000. Exact compensation may vary based on the market, experience, skills and technical expertise
- Responsible for conducting all phases of pressure vessel and pressure system (PV/S) design, fabrication, repair, alteration, testing, inspection, and fitness-for-service analysis
- Conducts reviews of vendor drawings, calculations and other documentation
- Completes mechanical, thermal, and structural design and related analysis of pressure vessel assemblies
- Identify specific pressure vessel services involved in drums, vessels, columns, column internals, filters and coalescers, storage tanks, etc.
- Aid in the design & development of equipment & systems, & redesign of existing systems:
- Prepare pressure vessel package specifications
- Clarify vendor proposals
- Develop technical bid evaluations
- Create technical requisition purchase packages
- Execute equipment design reviews
- Provide technical support to Director, Equipment Systems Engineering
- Prepare engineering specifications, data sheets, and inspection and testing plans for required equipment
- Review suppliers’ proposals and develop technical evaluations
- Review and approve suppliers’ design calculations, fabrication drawings, and quality control documents
- Witness testing and pre-ship inspection of critical equipment in the suppliers manufacturing facilities
- Participate in plant operability reviews and hazard reviews as applicable to the equipment
- Closely work with the Engineering team to provide mechanical and equipment support for all process designs within AIR COMPANY
- Applicant must have BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of industrial working experience on reactors, separation columns, heat exchangers, high pressure storage vessels, etc.
- Experience in Industrial Gases, Oil & Gas, or Refining and PetroChemical Industry highly desirable
- Thorough knowledge of ASME codes, API standards and NBIC regulations, such as ASME Section VIII Div1 & 2 codes, API 650/620, API 579 and other industry codes and standards typically used in Pressure Vessel design.
- Knowledge of US local regulations (CFR, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline
- Proficient knowledge of the application of Engineering to plant constructibility as applied to construction methods and materials
- Thorough understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including construction practices and the economics involved
- Skilled in oral and written communication. Able to work in project groups with shared-work teams globally, to progress project designs
- Able to troubleshoot issues in a field or job site setting confidently, and to provide instruction on how to resolve issues identified
- Familiar with safety protocols for handling hazardous chemicals and process HAZOP
- Experience in working with EPC companies and different type of vendors
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Team player, extremely organized, attention to detail, and strong ability to multitask across various workflows
- Solution oriented, passion for developing and implementing solutions