Quantum Computing Inc. (QCI) is a full-stack quantum software and hardware company on a mission to accelerate the value of quantum computing for real-world business solutions. The company recently acquired QPhoton, a quantum photonics innovation company, and has post-merger developed a series of quantum photonic systems (QPS). The combination of QCI’s flagship ready-to-run software product, Qatalyst, with the company’s commercialized QPS, positions QCI to deliver a broadly accessible and affordable full-stack quantum solutions that can be used by non-quantum experts, anywhere, for real-world industry applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products.
Develop validation processes, perform validation of new designs.
Gather requirements from Optical Engineer and design tolerance controlled optical systems.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective thermal solutions for complex electronics/optical cooling challenges.
- Use CAD software like Solidworks to build assembly models.
- Participate in opto-mechanical integration and system design for packaging of photonics integrated circuit
- Influence and collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors to drive the development and delivery of robust systems
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process.
- Create plans and manage execution for the evaluation of prototype systems, ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field
- 2-5 years of experience working in engineering
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems.
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks.
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker.
Incumbent(s) in this position may be required to perform other duties and special assignments not specifically stated above.
Statements outlined in this section are designated as essential job functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.