Inrad Optics is seeking talented Engineers to add to our growing team. We are looking for a person with the ability to operate sensitive and complex equipment in order to develop the best quality optics. This person will be responsible for creation of processes (including documentation) as well as technical support of these processes. In addition, this position entails both the improvement of existing as well as execution of new. If you are an application-minded individual with a broad understanding of mechanical or optical engineering, then you may be an excellent candidate for this career building position manufacturing precision optics for medical, defense and space applications.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement changes to methods, processes, equipment, materials, and tooling. Coordinate changes with manufacturing, QA, engineering and other departments.
- Develop, document and deliver training to employees on new or changed manufacturing processes, methods, procedures, and Engineering Masters.
- Troubleshoot, manufacturing processes, machinery, tools and fixtures. Develop, communicate, and implement cost-effective process improvements.
- Create fixtures and tools to improve throughput, efficiency and yields. Generate prints, work orders and other related documentation.
- Work with QA to remediate product returns and integrate preventative actions into the existing processes.
- Generate Work Instructions and Manufacturing Standard Procedures. Maintain the Document Control Log and coordinate approval process for WI and MSP’s.
- Provide hands-on technical support to all manufacturing departments.
- Review work orders against current manufacturing practices and correct as required.
- Provide optical calculations and problem resolutions to manufacturing or customer as required.
- Provide assistance to QC inspectors in optical measurement set-ups such as those used in interferometry, autocollimator, goniometer, profilometer and so forth.
- Create, monitor, maintain and execute projects within the scope of producing novel optical components and/or assemblies
- BS degree in Engineering (Optical, Mechanical or Materials Science Preferred), Physics or related field or at least 10 years direct commensurate experience with optical component manufacturing
- 3+ years optical manufacturing experience in a fast paced, hands-on manufacturing environment preferred
- Familiarity with optical inspection techniques and equipment such as interferometers, profilometers, laser table set-ups and autocollimators
- Familiarity with optical assembly techniques and considerations such as bonding with figure consideration, optical contacting and opto-mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge of optical materials and applications across the wavelength spectrum
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project and ERP systems. Experience with Zemax and/or Solid Works a plus
- Strong analytical (including data analysis and visualization) and problem-solving skills.
- Fundamental understanding of geometric optics
- Working knowledge of machining operations such as turning, drilling, milling, etc.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong project management, planning, and documentation skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong hands-on process development and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Must be fully vaccinated
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident as we are a United States controlled information facility
- Monday-Friday Schedule
- Flexible PTO
- 401k matching
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.