Inrad Optics is seeking self-motivated individuals to add to our growing team of Optical Technicians. No prior experience is required for the position. If you enjoy working with hand tools for woodworking, electronics, or jewelry, this opportunity might be a fit for you! If you are focused and enjoy creating things, then you may be an excellent candidate for one of our career building entry level positions manufacturing precision optics for medical, defense and space applications.
- Read, understand and follow optical blueprints.
- Ensure conformity to work order traveler and blueprint specifications.
- Hand grind and spindle grind optical glass, quartz and infrared optical material and ensure conformity to work order traveler and blueprint specifications.
- Set up and operate optical spindle machines to polish various optical components, including windows, prisms, and lenses. Typical materials consist of optical glass, quartz, zinc selenide, silicon and germanium.
- Able to run at least 4 machines simultaneously
- Knowledge of measuring optical dimensions and angles using various inspection equipment, including autocollimator, micrometer, dial and or digital indicator, caliper and Zygo interferometer.
- Maintain and clean all machinery and follow preventive maintenance schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and organized work area on a daily basis.
- Fill out required W/O travelers, time sheets and other procedural documents.
- Minimum 2 years of related optical shop experience in grinding and polishing of optical materials using both hand and mechanical methods.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Technical knowledge – demonstrates a designated level of technical skill or knowledge in a specific technical area(s) and ability to keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Attention to detail – ability to accomplish tasks and processes accurately and completely.
- Coordination – ability to follow instructions through a standard work process, to perform routine tasks and to check work for accuracy before completion of tasks.
- Problem solving – ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve the issues.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be fully vaccinated
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident as we are a United States controlled information facility
- Monday-Friday Schedule
- Flexible PTO
- 401k matching
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.