We are looking for a full time Process Operator to join our team. This role will report to our Senior Engineering Manager or Senior Plant Manager. The position will support the Engineering and Operations team at Air Company’s Innovation Center and Air Factory both located in Brooklyn, New York.
Ideal candidates will have experience with operating chemical reaction systems or other pressure equipment and must be highly competent in production optimization. These systems can operate in manual, semi-automatic or fully-automated modes. Candidates must have a strong attention to detail and ideally have experience with data collection and sample management. Research and development or process improvement experience is a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with gas to liquids operations experience.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer we consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The range for this role is $60,000-$75,000. Exact compensation may vary based on the market, experience, skills and technical expertise
- Safely start-up, operate, monitor and shut-down fixed bed flow reactors and auxiliary reactor systems at lab, pilot and production scales
- Adjust, test, and operate pumps, valves, controls and other components of systems
- Monitor, record, and interpret system parameters on Honeywell Experion software
- Operate tertiary electrolyzer and compressor systems for H₂ production
- Respond quickly to short-term business priorities and technology decision points by executing quick fabrication and set-up for various research test systems
- Follow and contribute to safe work processes and safe operating procedures (SOPs)
- Contribute to achieve acceptable quality standards, R&D scale testing, and production uptime greater than 90%
- Obtain data exports and perform various calculations as required
- Troubleshooting and light repair of process equipment as well as coordinating with third party contractors where required
- Contribute technically to system upgrades and improvements.
- Assist with re-engineering and scaling up of Air Company’s reactor technology.
- Coordinate transportation and handling of inbound and outbound hazardous chemicals
- Flexible to work 12-hr shift to maintain a 24/7 continuous operational cycle
- Ability to stand for extended periods on hard surfaces is a must
- Physically able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
- HS diploma and/or industry specific training/experience required
- Veterans and candidates with 2-yr technology certificates or degrees are encouraged to apply
- Experience in operating or and maintaining engineering equipment for chemical or petrochemical facilities
- Experience working 12 hr shift work rotations in support of 24/7 operations
- Familiar with safety protocols for handling hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work proactively and independently with an eagerness to learn
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn and use specialized complex software
- Team player with a strong passion for fostering a safe collaborative work environment
- Interest in sustainability, technology, science, cultural progress, and startup environments